Home to the first and largest Wooden Boat Festival in North America, and now a year-round destination and resource for wooden boat enthusiasts worldwide, the Wooden Boat Foundation is located at the Northwest Maritime Center adjacent to the entrance to Point Hudson marina (home of the Wooden Boat Festival) and in the heart of the historic and civic district of downtown Port Townsend. Marinas and boatyards, boatshops, expert craftspeople from sailmakers and riggers to woodworking and art are within walking distance in our waterfront community. Visit year round!
Wooden Boat Festival - September 5-7, 2014
- Boat/vendor application process opening April 1, 2014
- Wooden Boat Festival
- 38th Annual Wooden Boat Festival, September 5-7, 2014
- The Wooden Boat Festival, the most educational wooden boat event in the world, located in a beautiful, walkable working waterfront community where travellers feel at home... learn more!
23rd Annual Shipwrights' Regatta
February 22, 2014
31st Annual Classic Mariners' Regatta
June 7-8, 2014
Wooden Boat Festival Races
September 5-7, 2014
- WBF regattas are more than just races. Boats and sailors compete in classic wooden boat divisions... learn more!
- Wooden Boat Chandlery
- The best wooden boat products, tools, books & resources
Wooden Boat Chandlery is open daily 10am - 5pm at the Northwest Maritime Center in downtown Port Townsend. A one-of-a-kind shop featuring quality bronze hardware, tools, clothing, boatbuilding supplies, gifts & books. The Chandlery showcases excellent... learn more!
Visit year round
Stop by the Wooden Boat Foundation offices on Water Street Monday through Friday year round, and weekends during the summer for the latest news and information.
Our crew will provide information about boats on land, in our Boat Shop and at our docks, as well as the latest programs and events. Be sure to take a look inside the Wooden Boat Chandlery for traditional wooden boat products and gear, a large selection of maritime books, beautiful locally produced gifts and even a boat or two!