How boat owners donate
If it's time for you to part with your boat, consider a boat donation. As a boater, you know the profound value of boats and sailing on the development of youth. Our programs in Port Townsend and Puget Sound now reach nearly 1000 kids a year. Donations of cash or property are critical to our ongoing commitment to keep quality programs accessible to all.
Both Northwest Maritime Center and Wooden Boat Foundation are fully qualified 501(c)3 non-profit educational organizations, so your donations are tax deductible subject to current IRS rules. Our innovative professional boat donation program is a joint venture with Block Island Maritime Funding, the leading boat donation organization in the US.
Steps to donating a boat
- Boat donations start with a free initial evaluation. Boats of all kinds are welcome, no matter what the hull material. Submit your free boat evaluation.
- A member of the donation assessment team will contact you for an interview.
- If the boat is a good fit, an Acceptance Package including important tax documents will be sent to you. Our goal is to maximize your contribution.
- If the boat is valued at more than $5,000 a third-party marine survey establishing "fair market value" must be completed.
- When ready and all parties have agreed to conditions, NWMC and WBF take title, free and clear, honoring you as a donor.
For more information or to donate your boat, contact us by email email@example.com or give us a call.