Volunteer opportunities year-round
Volunteers help support our mission all year long.
- Click here to download a volunteer application.
- Stop by the Northwest Maritime Center & Wooden Boat Foundation offices at 431 Water Street and Point Hudson.
- Send a message to our Volunteer Coordinator - email@example.com
Wooden Boat Festival
- Pre-Festival administration, poster distribution
- Festival week and weekend
- Main Gate - cashier, hand stamps, will-call
- Grounds - pre, post, and during the event
- Docks, ramps, gates
- Parking, traffic
- Bar Harbor & Wee Nip Pub servers
- Wooden Boat Chandlery and retail
- Office administration
There is a mandatory 2-hour training session 1 week before the Festival; you can learn more about volunteer positions available at that time.
While you can choose to work as many shifts as you like, working three 4-hour shifts will earn you:
- FREE admission to all 3 days of the Festival
- A "CREW" t-shirt with Festival logo
- An invitation to the Volunteer Thank You party (Festival Sunday 6-8pm)
Boat Shop volunteers
- Get hands-on experience in wooden boat maintenance, restoration and all the things that go with it, while helping to maintain the Wooden Boat Foundation and Northwest Maritime Center boats. Visit the Boat Shop in Point Hudson behind Puget Sound Express Monday - Saturday. We need help all summer!
- Volunteers needed to help us navigate the Sea of Sales! The Chandlery has openings to keep our store sailing smoothly. We have lots of positions open, from 8 hours a week to a few days a week.
- If you have some boating knowledge, sales experience and enjoy greeting customers, please come aboard as a Crew 1 Mate. You’ll learn how to use our point of sale system, inventory and display merchandise, and ship out products.
- If you have graphic design skills, website experience or creative writing talents, then sign up to be a Crew 2 Mate. You can help us expand our ecommerce site and create marketing materials.
- For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greet the public and answer phones
- Help with bulk mailings
- Use copy machine
- General office duties
- Share WBF/NWMC information with the public
Archival work and photography
- Foundation Historian - requires knowledge of and interest in local maritime and Foundation history
- Stewardship of the Foundation archives
- Foundation photographer
- Photograph annual events
Building and grounds maintenance
- Grounds Keeper - maintain flower and plant beds; keep the grounds clean and presentable to the public
- Handy Person - help us keep our buildings in tip-top shape!
- Librarian - catalog, organize, maintain books in our growing library; help members to access information in the library
- Library assistant - help the Librarian manage the library
- Regatta assistant - officiate races; set marks
- Regatta public relations - flyers and race sponsorship
- Poster, flyer and Festival program distribution
- Distribute poster for upcoming events